Cash app is a service developed by Square Inc. that works like a bank to send, receive money. One of the key features in the payment app which you can use on the phone is direct deposit to receive paycheques. To enable a direct deposit on payment app first need to create a cash app account on your phone. You can do it either the phone number or email address and follow the screen wizard to complete the process. Once the account would be created, the user can request the debit card which would work just like a bank debit card.
Please keep in mind to enable direct deposit user should apply for a debit card first once receive debit card then follow the following steps to enable direct deposit feature. It is one of the significant features that doesn’t have a bank account or any other source to receive paycheque or send receive money. To enable direct deposit please do follow steps mentioned below:
How to Enable Cash App Direct Deposit
- Log in to the cash app by using either the phone number or email.
- Click on the home icon on the left extreme bottom corner.
- Select cash and scroll to direct deposit.
- Select enable an account to get an account number and routing number.
- Please make sure you should activate the cash card to enable a direct deposit.
Set Up Direct Deposit On Cash App
First of all, you need to find the routing and account number linked to your Cash App account and then giving it to your employer to enjoy a simple and hassle-free paycheck direct deposit on the Cash App.
Here are some simple steps to get direct deposit on the Cash App:
1- Launch the Cash App on your iPhone or Android.
2- Tap on the “My Cash” tab indicated by a dollar symbol on the bottom left corner of the screen.
3- Now select the “Cash” button.
4- Come down to the “Direct Deposit” option and tap on “Get Account Number”.
5- Now a pop-up screen will appear. Tap “Enable Account”.
6- Now tap on “Copy Account Details” on the next screen.
7- Tap on “Copy Routing Number” to copy it directly to your clipboard and then paste it to any messenger or email to send it to your employer.
Does Cash App Direct Deposit Early
Direct deposits on Cash App from an employer or any other ACH sender may take up to 1-5 business days to reflect in your Cash App account.
However, you should immediately contact the Cash App customer service if your deposit has not arrived even after 5 business days of the day of paycheck deposit. There may be some mistake in filling up the routing number by the sender.
Benefits Of Cash App Direct Deposit
With the launch of this feature on Cash App, people are wondering if this is beneficial for them or not. Cash App direct deposit bank acts as any traditional bank but has more benefits compared to them.
Lest’s discuss some Cash App direct deposit benefits here:
- It acts almost like any traditional bank and allows you to get paychecks deposited directly to your Cash App account.
- You don’t need to pay any fee for the deposits.
- You just need to provide your Cash App account number and routing number to your employer to get your paychecks deposited to your account.
- The younger generation who are still to open an account on a traditional bank can opt for this option if they get their new job. They can totally rely on the Cash App for their paychecks.
- The money is deposited directly to your Cash App account that can be withdrawn from your Cash Card. It is used to pay your friends and family. It transfers to your traditional bank account or even used to buy bitcoins.
- Also, it is useful for those people who stay in underserved areas or those who are sick of paying extra feed to the traditional banks.
- Cash App sends you notifications each and every time your account receives a deposit. So you stay informed about all your transactions.
- There are no charges for this service.
Q-Is it necessary to have a bank account to receive a cash app direct deposit?
A- You can set up your direct deposit just by sharing your routing code and cash app account number with your employer. There is no need for the bank account but you must have a valid cash card.
Q- How do I know that direct deposit has credited in my account?
A- Direct deposit takes 2-5 business days to be credited in your account. The receiver gets a notification when direct deposit hit their account.